Tremendous thanks to all who supported CPAF’s Gala for Change on Friday, September 22!
We were happy to host a crowd of 400 at the Los Angeles River Center & Gardens. We’ve included a few photos from the event. View more photos in our Facebook album here.
Our board president, Roselma Samala, presented the Champion for Change award to Susan Hirasuna for her extensive volunteer efforts over the past few years. Susan was joined onstage by the evening’s Culinary Partners – whose participation Susan helped secure and who donated their time and culinary talents to feed our guests.
Our shelter director, Patima Komolamit, shared a story demonstrating the resilience of the survivors of family violence whom CPAF helps.
The program featured a tribute to those involved in Asian Pacific Women’s Center (APWC), an organization that integrated with CPAF earlier in 2017. Several APWC supporters joined the event to help honor Champion for Change awardees, Kirkland & Ellis LLP and Nixon Peabody LLP, the two law firms whose pro bono work contributed greatly to the integration process over the past few years.
We capped off the evening with a lively performance from The Inspiration band. We are grateful for the group’s continuing support to CPAF, and thankful to all the great musicians and vocalists for donating their talent, time and effort to bring fun and joy to this year’s gala:
- Tony Ryan – Guitarist/Vocalist
- Marc Bosserman – Keyboard/Vocalist
- Stan Cotey – Keyboard/Guitarist/Vocalist
- William F. Jordan – Lead Vocalist
- Tyler Ryan – Drummer
- Bob Sullivan – Percussionist
- Michael Mull – Horn Player
- Paul Litteral – Horn Player
- Jim Scimonetti – Saxophones/Flutes/Vocalist
- Abdul Latif – Bass Player
- Willy Ma – Guitarist/Vocalist
Thank you so much for your support of survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Anthony Caminiti
- Cathay Bank
- East West Bank
- Nossaman LLP
- Asian American Journalists Association, Los Angeles Chapter & Friends of Susan Hirasuna
- CTBC Bank
- Downtown Properties Management Services
- Edison International
- Janice & Wade Oshiro
- Kaiser Permanente
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Larry & Leiyan Keele
- Los Angeles County Supervisor Mark Ridley-Thomas
- The California Wellness Foundation
- Total Roofing
- U.S. Bank
Please visit our gala page for a full list of sponsors and culinary, beverage and dessert partners.