Throughout the month of October, we invite our community of supporters – you – to help raise awareness about domestic violence and join in our efforts to end violence. Here are some ways you can participate. Change involves you.
Help raise awareness by learning more:
Domestic violence can take many forms: physical, emotional, verbal, economic, legal and more. Examples can include:
- controlling behavior, such as needing to know where you are all the time;
- controlling money;
- threatening deportation, threatening to take the kids away.
Believe survivors of domestic violence:
- Domestic violence and sexual assault happen in the Asian & Pacific Islander (API) communities and API women are the least likely to report abuse.
- 1 out of 2 Asian & Pacific Islander (API) immigrant women have been physically, sexually, and/or emotionally abused [Source: API Institute on Gender-Based Violence].
Help someone who might be experiencing domestic violence – let them know they are not alone:
- Give them CPAF’s 24-Hour Multilingual Hotline Phone Number– 1-800-339-3940 – and encourage them to visit CPAF’s website, nurturingchange.org. CPAF’s services are free, strictly confidential, and multi-lingual, in more than 25 Asian and Pacific Islander languages.
Make a donation to CPAF in honor of people in your life who have been affected by domestic violence, and in support of survivors:
- Show your support for survivors, families, and communities that address domestic violence by donating today to CPAF’s Domestic Violence Awareness Month (DVAM) fundraiser.
Join us and let’s nurture change together.