#GivingTuesday - Nov. 28 - CPAF Fundraisers
In honor of #GivingTuesday, Facebook and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation are contributing up to $2 million in matching to donations made through Facebook on November 28th.
How can you help? As a supporter of Center for the Pacific Asian Family (CPAF) we’d be honored if you would take this opportunity to show your commitment to our work by creating a Facebook fundraiser and sharing with your friends on #GivingTuesday. Creating a fundraiser is easy and we welcome fundraisers with any goal amount.
Here’s how to create a fundraiser:
- Go to https://www.facebook.com/cpaforg/fundraisers/
- Click “Raise Money”
- Select a cover photo option
- The title and CPAF’s mission are pre-populated – feel free to tell your story, add an end date and a goal
- Be sure to include #GivingTuesday in your description, then click “Create”
- Then on #GivingTuesday, Nov. 28th, share and invite friends to give to your fundraiser
Where will the money raised go?
CPAF operates the only Asian and Pacific Islander (API)-language crisis hotline for survivors of domestic and sexual violence in Southern California, and the only rape crisis center tailored for API survivors state-wide. Families stay at CPAF’s safe and confidential shelters when they move from crisis to safety and healing. CPAF conducts community outreach to raise awareness about domestic violence and sexual assault, and partners with community-based organizations to deepen violence prevention strategies with API youth.
- $1,000 pays for a week of summer activities for our youth at our shelters
- $500 gives a stipend to a survivor to get job training or take English as a Second Language
- $250 supplies a housewarming basket for families moving into their new home.
- $100 funds a workshop on dating violence prevention for Asian and Pacific Islander youth.
- $50 provides one night of emergency food and shelter for a family.
Donations to nonprofits made through Facebook’s charitable giving tools on November 28th will be matched up to $50,000 per nonprofit or $1,000 per fundraiser or donate button, until the $2 million in matching funds run out. The match will begin at 8AM EST (5AM PST).
Thank you for your support. Let’s nurture change together.