On behalf of everyone at Center for the Pacific Asian Family, THANK YOU! CPAF would not be able to provide its prevention, intervention, shelter, outreach and community engagement services without the generous support of our funders.
Head over to Resources to view our latest Annual Report for fiscal year 2016-2017.
After more than 17 years as partners serving survivors of domestic violence, CPAF and Asian Pacific Women’s Center (APWC) integrated to enhance our capacity to serve the diverse Asian and Pacific Islander communities of Southern California.
As a unified organization, we look forward to continuing to support survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault through linguistically-appropriate and culturally-specific services. Thank you for your generosity as we embark on our new chapter together.
FY 2016-17 Annual Report Highlights:
– In December 2016, CPAF’s Community Center moved to a larger facility in a more easily-accessible Mid-Wilshire location.
– In December 2016, CPAF completed a comprehensive renovation of its Emergency Shelter facility’s kitchen.
– In March 2017, CPAF integrated with sister agency APWC, adding 24 beds to its Transitional Program.
– This year, CPAF helped lead the movement to increase language access and build capacity in the community, both locally and state-wide.
o The City of Los Angeles selected CPAF to implement a project to increase language access for limited English speaking survivors at partner domestic violence organizations, and to strengthen CPAF’s Language Bank of bilingual volunteers, who support translation and interpretation needs of partner agencies.
o CPAF is one of six partners in the Multi-Year Language Access Resources (MYLAR) Project, which provides state-wide trainings for participants to learn how to adopt a diversity framework, enhance leadership and budget strategies, and increase language access at their workplace, all in reference to serving victims of crime more effectively throughout the state.
– CPAF’s Prevention Program experienced a 77% increase in youth participation over the previous year.
Continue following our blog for information about upcoming events as CPAF enters its 40th anniversary year in 2018!